Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Monday, October 10, 2005

Are friends electric?

Couldnt resist using the title of the old Gary Numan song as the title for the blog after coming across this story while surfing.

For those of you who cant be bothered to follow the link, its about a man who generated so much static electricity that he caused things around him, including carpets, to burst into flames.
In fact the firemen measured his clothes and were found to be carrying an electrical charge of 40,000 volts!!I felt really sorry for this guy, then something else caught my attention :- the description of his clothing

"Frank Clewer, of the western Victorian city of Warrnambool, was wearing a synthetic nylon jacket and a woollen shirt when he went for a job interview."

I dont know about you but most people I know, if they are going for an interview for a job, would attend at their most presentable. For him to attend in a woollen shirt and a nylon jacket is just asking for it,its against all fashion rules,in fact it should be a criminal offence. So he deserves everything he got ;)
So the solution, if you dont want your carpets to burst into flames when your friends walk in through the door, is obvious...........only pick friends with taste.

2 Comments:

  • At Mon Oct 10, 03:38:00 pm, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Memories!

    Working at the BBC when computers had green screens, the carpets all acrylic and the furnishings mostly metal. Didn't matter what I wore, I learned to touch all metal handles with the back of my thumbnail - the kindest way to take the jolt. Seriously - we are talking blue sparks.

    Just a magnetic personality, I guess! ROFL

     
  • At Thu Oct 13, 03:48:00 pm, Blogger Shane said…

    But did Frank get the job? I hope so. Wonder what he'd charge for personal appearances.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home