Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Monday, September 05, 2005

Cheryl the response

My friend Cheryl over at Mad Baggage has just gone back to work. What as I hear you
ask ....................( I know you didn't just play the bloody game will you)..............................................
A dinner lady................................at first I thought she must have lost her mind, I mean, can you think of anything more scary than hundreds of the little cherubs running round generally being rude and well being kids I suppose.

Then it dawned on me that this bloke


Jamie Oliver is rumoured to be doing a follow up series to the fantastic Jamies school dinners television programme and that Cheryl would like to replace Nora (The lady in this pic with Jamie) I know, I know but hormones can do funny things to you at her age.

Anyway part of my reason for blogging about Cheryl is her response to me tagging her for a meme You can read it here, I felt I should respond just to clarify a fewpoints.

I can recall on speaking to her on the phone for the first time saying that she sounded a bit like a cockney, I think what I said was that she reminded me of Dick van Dyke in Mary Poppins only with a deeper voice.

The bit about the website/chatroom we both joined around the same time is quite true and I must admit that Cheryl being called Chief No-eye-deer did amuse me greatly as did the name Idano (I Dunno geddit?). I must add we didn't really mislead people, more like wound the sh*t out of them for our own warped amusement as we both found that we had more or less the same dry and severely warped, at times, sense of humour. She does fail to tell you that she was a moderator and I was admin on the site eventually until the usual infighting took place and the site imploded.

With regard to Cheryls response to the meme I thought I should also point a few things out

Cheryl wrote :-

Seven things I can do:
1) Cross only one eye
2)make my knees and knuckles crack
3)bobbin lace (don't ask)
4)touch my head with my toes
5)kiss my own feet
6)fold a shirt properly (not down the middle) in four seconds
7)multitask

I answer:-

Point 1) But can you uncross them both?

2) what on earth are you doing that would make both your knuckles and knees crack?Or should I ask Gary?

3) Bobbin for what?

4) Shall I ask Gary again?

5)narcissism at its worst

7) Refer to points 2,3,4 and 5 you're not kidding.


About the 7 things she cant do, Cheryl said:-
Seven things I can't do
1)Pee standing up
2)swim a mile
3)play the saxophone
4)tolerate selfishness
5)make pastry
6)the splits
7)sit doing nothing; that drives me nuts

I believe the solution to point 1 lies in joining activities 1 and 2 together, and, that Cheryl is aware of this and is just being coy, just don't try it in the swimming baths as it might have that red dye stuff in ( according to Cheryl)

In case you didn't realise Cheryl and I are online mates, cos only mates can take the P out of each other like this. I am bracing myself for the backlash.

Good luck with the job Cheryl and don't let it stop you blogging or there will be a lot of disappointed people.

5 Comments:

  • At Mon Sept 05, 05:39:00 pm, Blogger Cheryl said…

    What d'you mean 'deeper'? Its HUSKY darling (but pulling sleds is extra)
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

     
  • At Mon Sept 05, 06:17:00 pm, Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss said…

    Ha! I always suspected that Cheryl had an evil twin. Now I know.

     
  • At Mon Sept 05, 07:20:00 pm, Blogger Doris said…

    Ha-ha! Thank you so much for the chance to sit in on this wonderful p*ss take in the nicest sense :-)

    And of course - Cheryl would make a great "Nora" .... seriously though, I expected to hear more from Nora as she was such a personality.

    Cheryl - I hope you go into work tomorrow with a delightful smile on your face remembering this post when the going gets tough. :-)

     
  • At Tue Sept 06, 08:13:00 am, Blogger Ms Mac said…

    Hello, Cheryl sent me over to say Hi!

    You are right about friends, when you know you can take the mick without the object of your fun cracking it with you, you're definitely friends!

     
  • At Tue Sept 06, 10:23:00 pm, Blogger fineartist said…

    I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall in that chat room. The mischief, merriment and mayhem probably made the room an architectural nightmare for unsuspecting chatters.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home