Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Russian Spam

No its not something to do with the Russian Monty Python fan club!

I saw this on Cheryls blog and decided to read the story.

I came across another article that said "Russian media Hails spammers Murder" which I thought was a bit harsh ok I mean he did send, according to the story, spam advertising his language schools and courses to all of Russias 17.9 million internet users in Russia and approximately 20 million Russian speaking internet users outside Russia, but that doesn't warrant smashing his head in does it? Answers on a post card please.
It also goes on to say "(Russia's Interior Ministry reports 1,935 unsolved murders, 73,000 burglaries and 11,400 robberies between January and May in this year alone)." So I may cross it off my holiday destination list this year

Carrying on down the article I came across what must be the most obvious attempt by a Russian journalist to show how hip and trendy and up with what's happening in the west he is . He finishes his piece with this:-

Its little wonder, then, that Vardan Kushnir became as popular a character among Russian-speaking Internet users, as Lord Voldemort must be among Hogwarts fans. And a tale of some anonymous Harry Potter paying him a private visit on a warm July morning produces quite a predictable sensation among the audience. Of course, everybody understands, that spam will not stop with Kushnir's demise it will persist for years to come, exactly the way Lord Voldemort finds his way back into the picture with every new installment of the Harry Potter saga. But this time, the magic wand has for once dealt a deadly blow to the arch-villain, and there seems to be no option left for the spectators, than to hail the magic.

I rest my case your honour

4 Comments:

  • At Wed Jul 27, 06:53:00 am, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Woah I missed all that - Great find.
    I find it interesting that Harry Potter's home life and school are believable to Russians. I wonder if, when they translate, they change things like the food on the plates at Hogwarts feasts? Or is this just a guy trying to prove he reads 'foreign lit'?

     
  • At Wed Jul 27, 10:01:00 am, Blogger Sparkling said…

    It seems Russia is catching up with the west with all the "good" things, like spam, murder, Harry Potter...

     
  • At Wed Jul 27, 10:47:00 am, Blogger Shane said…

    'Harry Potter and the Russian Spammer'... well it's not the title that I'd imagined for the 7th book, but it just might work...

     
  • At Sat Jul 30, 09:02:00 am, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Your requested questions are up ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home