Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Fantastic Four

Went to see the new Fantastic Four film on Saturday

and despite some of the Bad reviews its been getting, I really enjoyed it, so did the children. I must say that it takes a while to get going properly but I can understand that the background to their powers has to be explained. There are some great comedy lines in it as in many films these days some for the kids and some just for the mums and dads ( the Human Torch has all the best lines. The special effects are very impressive too.
What really struck me at the end of the film and the house lights went up was that their were more adults than children, I suppose that there are lots of us old comic readers that want to see what Hollywood has done to this latest group of superheroes. I think they have done a good job and it made a change that the Villain wasn't English.

A P.S :- I see that Popcorn is now worth more by weight than Gold, well thats the impression I got when buying some for the kids, it came in a box the size of a mini skip. One more thing whose idea was it to sell the fizzy drinks in a container the size of a large bucket and then expect them to sit through a 95 minute film?

3 Comments:

  • At Thu Jul 28, 01:53:00 am, Blogger Doris said…

    I'm surprised that anyone can afford fizzy and popcorn for 5 children! We refuse to buy it now - costs more than gold!!!!

    Thanks for the review. we are going to see it soon. be warned about War of the World. Total bollox and aimed at the 16-22 year old male market.

     
  • At Thu Jul 28, 05:19:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I'm slowly making my way through Doris' list of links and here I am...

    I'm looking forward to seeing this one too and can second D's opinion on War of the Worlds.

    And thank you for that piccy of the Human Torch. Flame On. ;)

     
  • At Thu Jul 28, 05:21:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yeah. Best to buy the popcorn and take it in. Either that or get an extension on the mortgage before visiting cinema.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home