Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I got this meme from Jo at Chez le laquet who got it from Cheryl who got it from her hubby wolfwhite the weird (sorry Cheryl made me do it) who in turn got it from Cyn


This is how you play:

Do a Google image search of the following and post the first (or favorite if you want to cheat, but label it so) result for each:

The name of the town where you were born
The name of the town where you live now
Your name
Your grandmother’s name (just pick one)
Your favorite food
Your favorite drink
Your favorite song
Your favorite smell

So here are mine




Ardwick Green in Manchester, most of whichdoesn'tt exist any more, they knocked the house down where I was born about 38 years ago and it wasn't as grand as any of these just a little 2 up 2 down terrace, no inside loo or bathroom




The town where I live now. I picked this picture because my house is where the station used to be and we still get mail addressed to The Old Station House



My name (as my mother calls me anyway) Stephen. Re the picture its called the stoning ofStephenn and sometimes it feels like this every day LOL





My Maternalgrandma'ss name:- White and this was the first pic




Fav food :- Pork Chop and I picked this pic because I like my Pork fresh


Fav Drink:- Mug of tea ..... best drink of the day


Fav Song:- Homely Girl by UB40. Had to put the UB40 bit in the search or it came up with a rather buxom wench thatdidn'tt look very homely at all.



Fav Smell:- Fresh sawdust because it reminds me of my Grandad, it was my first job of the day to spread fresh sawdust on the floor of the butchers shopwherer I worked with my Dad and Grandad as a young lad

So there you have it, if you fancy having a go feel free but leave a comment so I know where to look.

5 Comments:

  • At Tue Nov 22, 05:43:00 pm, Blogger Doris said…

    I won't be doing it but I enjoyed that little journey. I'm with you on the smell of fresh sawdust :-)

     
  • At Tue Nov 22, 07:58:00 pm, Blogger Cheryl said…

    :-D

    Your Granny was a White?
    Not related to the weird wulf are you? Poor soul!

     
  • At Sat Nov 26, 07:16:00 pm, Blogger Juggling Mother said…

    Ooo, just done this one. I'll put you on my links list:-)

     
  • At Sat Nov 26, 07:31:00 pm, Blogger Paste said…

    Nice one, I did this and tagged Mrs A who mentioned that you had done it too!

     
  • At Sun Nov 27, 05:53:00 am, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said…

    Hi There..
    I did this yesterday?? Because I saw it on Mar's and loved it!
    I love seeing what each person has done and the variety of everything is just wonderful! I LOVE yours...particularly the sawdust...I LOVE that smell, too, and I'm not sure why, I just do!
    Take a gander at my list if you get a chance...I sure enjoyed yours, very very much.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home