Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My life is over

My life is over, its just downhill from now on.

Why? I'll tell you.....

I went to the shop for a newspaper on Saturday and was on my way out when I saw a young lad, about 7 or 8 unwrapping some sweets and throwing the paper on the floor, now one of my pet hates is litter, I dont see any reason for it, there are plenty of bins around and if there isnt put it in your pocket til you get home, simple really.

Anyway,this young boy was stood at the entrance no more than about 3 feet from the wastebin kindly provided by the shop, so I said " hey there's a bin there ( kid looks at me as if I have just sprouted another head) why dont you pick up your rubbish and put it in the bin?"

He looks at me with a disgusted glance and then picks up the rubbish and puts it in the wastebin. I say thankyou and go to walk off as his friend comes out of the shop and they start walking away from the shop too. As his friend starts to unwrap his sweets the kid I was talking to says to his friend" You'd better not throw your rubbish on the ground or that old man will tell you off"

Well that just about made my weekend........... I mean OLD MAN!!! I am 41 years old and I didnt think that I had reached that discription yet.

I told a friend this tale on Saturday night in the pub and he says "you think thats bad wait til you get your first grey pubic hair!!!"

See what I mean its all just coasting downhill from now on.

8 Comments:

  • At Wed Nov 09, 11:57:00 am, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Hehehehehe
    Hahahahahaha
    Muahahahaha & ROFL!

    When I was ten, anything over 30 was ancient. On the other hand, if you plan to live to 90+, you're not even middle aged yet.

    Only another four years, mind you........

    Hahahaha!

     
  • At Wed Nov 09, 07:27:00 pm, Blogger Altered Memories said…

    Chin up! Forty-one merely means you are all grown up.

     
  • At Fri Nov 11, 01:10:00 am, Blogger Doris said…

    For me, it was when whipper snapper shop assistants started to call me "Madam"! Pah.

     
  • At Fri Nov 11, 07:02:00 am, Blogger Le laquet said…

    I got called Madam and not Miss by a 12 year old policman last week *sob*

     
  • At Fri Nov 11, 12:36:00 pm, Blogger Red Mum said…

    He he, its bleeding terrible. BUT it is better than the f*ck off I've been told in Dublin.

     
  • At Fri Nov 11, 02:20:00 pm, Blogger Shane said…

    That is harsh. Those kids certainly know how to cut a man who's in his prime (what?) right down to size.

    A thought that just occurred to me: whereas uncle Albert would comment "During the war...", what will we do? Will we begin such remarks with "During the punk era..."? Not quite got the same gritty cache has it?

     
  • At Mon Nov 14, 08:04:00 pm, Blogger Miladysa said…

    Roll out the zimmer frames!

     
  • At Fri Aug 01, 10:10:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Children just dont have manners anymore or respect for anything. its really sad because i was raise to respect and always have manners otherwise id get a smack around the head! Parents dont teach there children anymore,the nanny does it!
    Cheer up and dont feel old i think "older" men are sexy!Have a great day!
    Candice 21
    South Africa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home