Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Friday, June 17, 2005

Why?

Just a quick comment.
Caught about 10 minutes of Celebrity Love Island last night and only one thing occurred to me.............WHY?

I cant understand the person that came up with the concept, can you picture it?
"Well the general idea is we get a load of Z-list celebrities and put them on this tropical island resortfor a few weeks where they will be pampered and waited on hand and foot( I am summising this bit from what has appeared in the newspapers), pay them more for doing it than most people earn in a year and put it on TV"

Even worse is the TV executive who said " thats bloody brilliant why haven't we done this before"
I'll tell you why mate cos its crap

7 Comments:

  • At Fri Jun 17, 07:25:00 pm, Blogger Doris said…

    I haven't seen this - not even just a fraction! But the Big Brother title in your previous post grabs me! :-)

     
  • At Sun Jun 19, 09:58:00 am, Blogger Le laquet said…

    I couldn't agree more! And ... who the bloody hell are they?

     
  • At Sun Jun 19, 09:59:00 am, Blogger Le laquet said…

    BTW - *slightly embarassed that she forgot to mention this* like the site!

     
  • At Tue Jun 21, 10:28:00 am, Blogger Shane said…

    Hello Steve,
    The Celebrity Love Island thing is spooky and fascinating, and I'm afraid - to me - wonderful voyeurism because these Z-listers are doing an awful lot of identity work. They're very much 'aspiring' and in terms of a career are scratching about trying to mix it with the big earners, but they're also not quite there. All that said, apart from the Isabella girl, I thought they came across as somewhat 'elsewhere' (beyond ''Celebrity' Love Island').

     
  • At Tue Jun 21, 09:30:00 pm, Blogger Steve said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At Tue Jun 21, 09:35:00 pm, Blogger Steve said…

    Steve said...
    Doris lovely to see you here again but I am sorry that Big Brother also leaves me cold now, the first 2 series I was a complete addict sitting up til silly o'clock in the morning to watch but gradually they have lost their appeal for me until with this series I dont think I have watched more than an hour in total give me I'm a celebrity everytime

    Le laquet ashamedly I do know who most of them are and thanks for the compliment

    Emaleejayne welcome and we too have "the Farm" but at least that is about humiliating the celebs and seeing how low they will go to maintain their fame interestingly one of the "celebs" on love island was also on the farm and her claim to fame was that she "enabled" a pig to provide a sperm sample with her hand. A pig and David Beckahm who next lol

    Shane..I suspect that their is an element of work involved in watching this for you is this type of thing connected to a certain PHD?

     
  • At Thu Jun 23, 10:00:00 am, Blogger Shane said…

    In a literal sense, no, there's no connection between the PhD and my thinking re reality TV - but that would be PhD heaven. However, I'd say there's a mutual interest in 'how people come to make sense of (blank)'.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home