Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Came across this today whilst meandering through the blog lands, I started off at my mate Cheryls and saw a comment from Adrian at sirharris.com who had a link to the piece on renewable energy.
An informative piece on the use of solar panels and wind turbines, we all know that eventually the resources we are using will run out and that alternatives are available but will take quite a lot of investment .
Government initiatives to increase the awareness of valuable resources and increase the levels of recycling are all very well but we need to start to use the new technological advances we have made.
I know of a plant in Wrexham that solely manufactures solar panels to export them all to Germany where the government subsidises the cost of the panels and installation by 50%. I believe the cost of the panels and installation would cost somewhere around the £10,000 mark over here which is just too much to make it viable as it would take too long to recoup the costs from the savings you make on your electricity bill. So obviously government subsidy is needed
Sorry I must get off my soap box its giving me vertigo

1 Comments:

  • At Wed Jun 15, 07:09:00 am, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Steve - the lack of visitors isnt personal - nice blog!
    PLEASE join blogexplosion and surf to comment one weekend, and/or go to michelles on a weekend for the meet n' greet - both links in my sidebar.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home