Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Cheryl over at madbaggage has seemingly tagged me for something called a meme! I must find out what these terms mean one day lol
Well the subject is 5 things I miss about my childhood
here goes

1 Watching TV on a saturday morning in your pyjamas sometimes even with your pillow and quilt. In the days when kids didnt have 200 channels to watch in the morning. I mean we only had three channels and really BBC 2 didnt count cos that was full of boring programmes about weird things on Open University introduced by men with long hair and beards. The real programmes to watch were those like double deckers and white horses ( a really badly dubbed foreign programme) then later on Multi coloured swap shop.

2 All day bike rides..... First thing in the morning during the summer holidays, our Mums would make us a packed lunch of sandwiches, a packet of crisps, a chocolate biscuit and a bottle of squash and off we would go for the whole day with the only instruction to be back for tea. we got up to the usual stuff that lads get up to, nothing malicious or illegal just boys being boys. Like the time we made rafts to sale on a pond we "found" not realising that the bottom was full of broken glass and rusty metal which caused some real damage to our feet when our raft sank mid way across and we had to wade to the side. Still at least we had each other for company when we were waiting in casualty. And the time when I wasnt fast enough to escape when scrumping apples and got shot in the behind with a salt cartridge. I can remember the sting even today

3 Sunday afternoon visits to Grandparents........ I suppose part of this is that I miss my grandparents but its not just that, it was the tinned ham sandwiches my Nana would make the chocolate marshmallow biscuits, just playing in the garden, washing the car with my grandad, everything about the memories of the afternoons brings a smile to my face.

4 Birthdays...... do you remember when birthdays were special and you looked forward to them for weeks? I miss the anticipation of the excitment, I honestly think that if people didnt remind me I would forget my own birthday

5 Family weddings........ I come from a large family who used to have some fantastic family gatherings especially the weddings where just with family there would be hundreds of people but all people you knew, Fantastic times that dont seem to happen these days what with the cost of weddings and how spread out people are.



When you play, just knock the top link off the list (yes you have to include the live links), and add your own blog address at the bottom.
Chaos Theory
Wired
Bad Aunt
Mad Baggage
Wittering Heights

If five people play at each level then top of the list finds themselves with something like 800 links to their site, amongst other bloggers. I can see this catching on if it works. Its also fun to go see who tagged who and check out the sites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home