Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It set me thinking

I read Cheryls post earlier where she spoke about the term "being a bike" as a derogatory term for a woman of easy virtue, we then had a chat on msn with Cheryl ensuring that the term meant the same in this part of the country as it did down in the deep south, of England that is not Alabama.
We then had a discussion which can only be described as disturbing as we listed lots of other terms for this group of women Cheryl had to go to help/placate/shout at/beat/sell ( delete as applicable)the kids this made me veer off on a slight tangent:- do you remember the old song by a group( I think) called Racey (sp?) who had a hit record with a song with the lyrics:-

Some girls will,ooooohoooooooh some girls wont,oooooohooooooh
some girls need a lot of lovin and some girls don't,
Well, I know I've got the fever but I don't know why
Some girls say they will and some girls lie

I used to hear people singing along with that and have hysterics because they didn't really think about what they were singing.
In todays pc world (political correctness not the shop) they would probably be bannned from any play list in the very least if not hung, drawn and quartered.( I think that should be hanged but it didnt look right so will a spelling nazi please let me know)Then the government would set up a helpline and support group for these much maligned people who are just victims of modern society.

I'll get me coat

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Jan 17, 06:46:00 pm, Blogger Cheryl said…

    ROFL!!!
    Was going to tag you for a meme, but you may have just answered one of the four questions.

    Another one was Afternoon Delight (was that KC and the Sunshine Band?)

    Wow - trust you - I have BOTH songs rattling round in my head now. Thanks.

     
  • At Wed Jan 18, 07:39:00 pm, Blogger Wulfweard The White said…

    Got my coat on and I'm coming eith you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home