Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Monday, August 22, 2005

Excuses excuses

I know I have been missing in action for nearly 2 weeks but I do have a good excuse. Honest, Trust me (Cheryl don’t say a word LOL)

Wednesday the 11th August I had to go here on business,

flew with these people

(Great airline and their boast is that they have the youngest planes in the european fleet)
Not a popular arrangement in my house (more will become clear later) but business is business.


I didn’t see much of the country as I flew in on Wednesday evening and was back in the UK late on Thursday night as one of the last flights in before total chaos took over at Heathrow (believe me panic did set in) but I did see this


and this



Then on Saturday 13th August I got something I have waited years for …… this



Which comes with a free spouse attachment

Now in the morning when I woke up and looked through the window to one of the neighbours building an ark, it really was raining that hard, I thought that the day would be ruined for my future (not very) wife.

I got to the church and it was still raining, the Priest was looking up references to what happened before Noah set sail and raised questions as to why did he take useless creatures onto the ark, like wasps, slugs, pigeons and cats ( I know I am gonna get stick for that last one but you are either a cat person or not and I am definitely not but that’s an entirely different post) The priest disagreed about the feline question and told me that lots of religious ministers like cats which I find peculiar as they wear a dog collar.

The worst part of the rain is that we had booked a horse and carriage to take us from the church to the reception. A horse and carriage with only a half hood I could just picture us arriving at the reception venue looking like drowned rats.

All that though was pushed to the back of my mind as I was stood at the front of the church and the music of the Bridal Procession by Wagner.

Everyone had told me I would be nervous.

Nearly everyone asked me, on the way into the church, in the church and as they arrived, whether I was nervous. I didn’t think that I would be, I mean we have been together for years and its not as if I thought she wouldn’t turn up but as soon as that music started I thanked god for Imodium and bicycle clips.

When the ceremony was over we were amazed that the rain had cleared and left a gorgeous blue sky with a sun so hot everywhere was dry. We had some pics at the church then off in the horse and cart carriage and even more amazingly it stayed dry whilst we got there and waited until the photos were almost done before it started raining quite heavily again (I edited that bit to keep it nice lol)

We had our reception here



which was a fantastic day and night do, the food was perfect and some of the guests enjoyed lots of liquid refreshment later on in the evening.
I mean I hope it was the Liquid refreshment after witnessing some of the moves on the dance floor; it brought back some fond memories seeing those robotic moves again, laugh I nearly bought a drink.

Anyway it was a lovely day and my wife and I enjoyed ourselves thoroughly

Please pass the sick bucket back when you have finished

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home