Wittering Heights

Its better than talking to yourself and they can't section you for blogging, at least I hope not

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Seven Thingy Meme

I have been memed by Redmum
(Go and have a look a great site brilliantly written and her photography is amazing)

Seven Things I Plan To Do Before I Die

1) Live somewhere warm for at least the 4 worst months of winter here

2) Fly a plane

3) Visit Orange County Choppers

4) Be a terrific Grandad and spoil the grandkids rotten

5) See more of the world (Eastern Europe, Australia, NZ, more of the USA)

6)Learn to play the Uillean pipes

7) Own another motor bike( I dont mean I have one and want another, I mean I had one years ago)

Seven things I can do

1) See both sides of an argument

2)Make a wicked smoothie ( according to the kids)

3) Cook fairly well

4) Look after myself i.e. washing, ironing, cleaning etc

5) Drive a forklift truck ( although the lad that work for me and do it for a living might beg to differ)

6) Ride a horse

7) Play Clair de la lune on a recorder

Seven things I can't do

1) Stop reading too many blogs

2) Type without looking at the keys

3) Wear a hat ( none ever look right)

4) Play the Piano

5) Draw or paint ( I am so crap the last time I helped one of the kids with art home work they were given a c-)

6) Carry out any electrical work ( tried twice before and almost electrocuted myself both times)

7) Drive the number 23 bus into Manchester ( I know this cos I asked the driver if I could as he stood outside his bus having a smoke earlier when I went to the shop)

Seven things that I find really attractive about the opposite sex

1) Bright Shiny eyes

2) Genuine Smile

3) Boobs ( any really)

4) Long Hair

5) Dressed Like a woman none of this androgynous nonsense

6) Figure ( A proper figure not a skeleton covered with skin)

7) Sense of humour

Seven things I say the most

1) Aye up ( I have lived in the country too long)

2) Cool ( afraid I have caught it from the kids)

3) Which part of no didn't you understand

4) Dont make me come up there ( Kids bedtime)

5) Is she on the phone again/still ( daughter)

6) THOMAS! put it down! ( Youngest age 3)

7) Hello hello can you hear me, hello, HELLO HELLO ( me on my mobile)


Seven Books I love

This is a difficult one as I love to read and have enjoyed lots of books over the years

1) The Rats by James Herbert ( the first book that scared the sh1t out of me, read under the covers by torchight

2) The Complete Illustrated Stories of Hans Christian Anderson my excuse is its for the kids bedtime stories

3) The Thirty-nine Steps (Penguin Popular Classics) Roger Hannay is the quintessential British Hero and watching the film starring Kenneth Moore made me go out and read the book

4) All the Harry Potter books

5)Comrades of War ~Sven Hassel ( pinched this one off my Dad and read it when I wasnt really allowed, found the descriptions of the war and the black humour that his characters used to cope were wonderful, have since read the whole series of books)

6) The Da Vinci Code ~ Dan Brown ( lots of discussion about the validity of this book, I just enjoyed the way it was crafted and the pace that it created)

7)Killing Floor (Jack Reacher Novels (Paperback)) ~ Lee Child - The latest book I have read, finished it on Sunday evening, I couldnt put it down and will certainly be looking out for more of this series

I would like to tag Cheryl, Shane, Doris and NickleAnnie

6 Comments:

  • At Wed Aug 31, 04:43:00 pm, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Aww thanks Steve - ha!
    (Svine!)

     
  • At Thu Sept 01, 10:05:00 am, Blogger OptionSeller said…

    interesting post:)
    my blog

     
  • At Thu Sept 01, 11:49:00 pm, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Flip I have forgotten the family name - how awful - but the guys from OCC are visiting the UK - coming to Brighton. Theres a competition on the TV channel website to meet them there.

     
  • At Fri Sept 02, 11:06:00 am, Blogger Shane said…

    Excellent, Steve. Will make this my next post (probably after the weekend).

    Particularly liked:
    'Boobs ( any really)', '...none of this androgynous nonsense' and 'THOMAS! Put it down!'

     
  • At Sun Sept 04, 08:56:00 pm, Blogger Steve said…

    Cheryl- you are welcome
    JV-thanks
    Cheryl- I know thanks hun and am hoping to go
    Shane- With regard to the boobs ( any Really) bit, I always compare it to the coke and pepsie taste test..... You express a preference but you will take whatever is on draft.

     
  • At Mon Sept 05, 08:20:00 pm, Blogger fineartist said…

    I see why Cheryl digs you so much… you are fun as heck.

    Boobs, any really, hahahha, and you are an honest man I suspect.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home